Dream Reporting During MRI-EEG Study
Our research group is looking for individuals who are willing to answer some questions about their dreams to participate in a research study. If you decide to take part in this study, there would be one session where we would ask questions about your medical health. If you further qualify for the study, we would perform multiple lab visits at night (from 10pm – 5am). The first night we would measure your brain with high-density EEG. In two to three follow-up visits at night, we plan to measure your brain using combined EEG and MRI. During these night visits, we would periodically awaken you during sleep to ask about your dreaming experiences. This study does NOT involve radiation, medication or needles.
- Recruitment criteria: For this study we are accepting participants between 18 and 40 years of age who do not have psychiatric or neurological conditions, do not have a difficult time falling/staying asleep, and are not claustrophobic.
- Study times/duration: Up to 5 visits, all of which will take place at 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison WI 53719. Visit 1 is an intake session during regular business hours. Visit 2 is an overnight session in which we measure your brain activity with a high-density EEG cap worn during sleep. Visits 3-5 are overnight sessions in which we use both EEG and MRI to measure your brain activity while you sleep. During the overnight visits we will also collect dream reports from you throughout the night.
- Compensation: Participants earn $125/night for sleeping in the lab, and $40/hr for every hour that they sleep in the MRI scanner (up to $240 for a full night in the scanner).
If you are interested in taking part in this study, please contact Dr. Vanasse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Study on Abnormal Sleep Behaviors
Do you sometimes have abnormal behaviors during sleep, such as screaming, eating, walking, talking, or engaging in various other activities, with no recall or some recall in the morning? If yes, you might qualify to participate a study using high density EEG to investigate the normal patterns of brain activity during sleep and how these patterns change in sleep disorders called parasomnias. This study does NOT involve radiation, medication or needles, and we can assist with transportation to the lab if necessary. If you have recently had an overnight sleep study for clinical reasons, you may only need to come to the lab for one overnight visit.
- Recruitment criteria: For this study we are accepting participants between 18-89 years of age who have no serious medical problems, have no drug or alcohol problems in the last 6 months, and who are not pregnant.
- Study times/duration: 3 visits over 3 (non-consecutive) days. Visit 1 is an intake session (1-3 hours) during regular business hours. Visits 2 and 3 include an overnight sleep recording and a sleep deprivation night in the sleep lab (located at 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison WI 53719).
- Compensation: Participants may receive up to $500 for their participation
If you are interested in taking part in this study, please contact Dr. Valomon at email@example.com