Smart CO2 Study
Do you have Sleep Apnea? Sleep Apnea is commonly treated with positive airway pressure (PAP). However many people find PAP uncomfortable. This study will look to see if an investigational device that is pressure-less can eliminate sleep apnea without changing blood pressure or sleep state. The investigational device is called “Smart CO2”.
- Recruitment criteria: For this study we are accepting participants with sleep apnea who:
- are between 18-75 years of age
- are newly diagnosed or who have refused PAP and are willing to hold PAP for study visits
- do not smoke
- do not have significant lung disease
- do not have heart disease
- Study times/duration: 5 visits at the VA Hospital. Visit 1 is a screening visit (2 hours), and the subsequent 4 visits are overnight studies. The study will also involve questionnaires and a breathing test.
- Compensation: Participants may receive up to $450 for their participation
If you are interested in taking part in this study and would like more information, please contact Kauyer Lor at (608) 256-1901, ext. 11902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Study on Abnormal Sleep Behaviors
Do you sometimes have abnormal behaviors during sleep, such as screaming, eating, walking, talking, or engaging in various other activities, with no recall or some recall in the morning? If yes, you might qualify to participate a study using high density EEG to investigate the normal patterns of brain activity during sleep and how these patterns change in sleep disorders called parasomnias. This study does NOT involve radiation, medication or needles, and we can assist with transportation to the lab if necessary. If you have recently had an overnight sleep study for clinical reasons, you may only need to come to the lab for one overnight visit.
- Recruitment criteria: For this study we are accepting participants between 18-89 years of age who have no serious medical problems, have no drug or alcohol problems in the last 6 months, and who are not pregnant.
- Study times/duration: 3 visits over 3 (non-consecutive) days. Visit 1 is an intake session (1-3 hours) during regular business hours. Visits 2 and 3 include an overnight sleep recording and a sleep deprivation night in the sleep lab (located at 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison WI 53719).
- Compensation: Participants may receive up to $500 for their participation
If you are interested in taking part in this study, please contact Dr. Valomon at email@example.com