Our research group is looking for individuals who are willing to participate in a research study. If you decide to take part in this study, we would ask questions about your medical health (see QR code and links at the bottom of this advertisement for more information). If you further qualify for the study, we would perform a high-density electroencephalography (hdEEG) to measure your brain activity, a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) with hdEEG to deliver magnetic stimulation to your scalp and record brain activity during stimulation.
- Recruitment criteria: Please note, you would not qualify for this study if you are older than 87 years old (or younger than 18), have any psychiatric or neurological condition, or are claustrophobic.
- Study times/duration: 2 visits, which will take place at the following locations:
WisPIC (6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison WI 53719)
UW Hospitals and Clinics (600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792)
- Compensation: Participants earn $20/hour for their time spent during experiment sessions.
If you are interested in taking part in this study, contact Dr. Ciliento at email@example.com. Please scan the QR code below if you are interested in participating and would like to take our survey.
You can also access the survey through this link.
You can also download this recruitment flyer for more information about the study.
Perception of Spatial
Our research group is interested in understanding the relationship between the kinds of experiences you have when you look at something, and what you are able to know about those experiences. Our experiment asks participants to look at very simple images and make different kinds of reports (e.g. pressing yes/no buttons, making verbal or typed reports) about what they see. In one study session you might participate in several experiments, and some participants may be asked to return for multiple sessions. This study does NOT involve radiation, medication or needles.
- Recruitment criteria: For this study we are accepting participants over 18 years of age who have normal or corrected-to-normal vision (i.e. 20/20 vision, glasses/contacts are fine). Participants must be able to sit very still in a chair, head in a chinrest, for several minutes at a time, and have no visual problems that would prevent being able to recognize small targets flashed on a computer screen.
- Study times/duration: Up to 3 visits, all of which will take place at 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison WI 53719. Each visit will be approximately 1 hour in length and will take place during regular business hours.
- Compensation: Participants will be compensated at a rate of $20/hr.
If you are interested in taking part in this study, please contact Dr. Haun at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dream Reporting During MRI-EEG Study
Our research group is looking for individuals who are willing to answer some questions about their dreams to participate in a research study. If you decide to take part in this study, there would be one session where we would ask questions about your medical health. If you further qualify for the study, we would perform multiple lab visits at night (from 10pm – 5am). The first night we would measure your brain with high-density EEG. In two to three follow-up visits at night, we plan to measure your brain using combined EEG and MRI. During these night visits, we would periodically awaken you during sleep to ask about your dreaming experiences. This study does NOT involve radiation, medication or needles.
- Recruitment criteria: For this study we are accepting participants between 18 and 40 years of age who do not have psychiatric or neurological conditions, do not have a difficult time falling/staying asleep, and are not claustrophobic.
- Study times/duration: Up to 5 visits, all of which will take place at 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison WI 53719. Visit 1 is an intake session during regular business hours. Visit 2 is an overnight session in which we measure your brain activity with a high-density EEG cap worn during sleep. Visits 3-5 are overnight sessions in which we use both EEG and MRI to measure your brain activity while you sleep. During the overnight visits we will also collect dream reports from you throughout the night.
- Compensation: Participants earn $125/night for sleeping in the lab, and $40/hr for every hour that they sleep in the MRI scanner (up to $240 for a full night in the scanner).
If you are interested in taking part in this study, please contact Dr. Vanasse at email@example.com